Sleep is one of the most important things for every person, but ESPECIALLY for Spoonies. Here are some tips to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep better, and wake up feeling more refreshed!
- Stick to a good sleep schedule
- The better you stay on a schedule, the more your body will understand when it’s supposed to sleep.
- Ditch the screens
- 30-60 minutes before you plan to go to sleep, do something that doesn’t involve backlit-ness. (I’m guilty of this one, I’m always on my phone in bed at night… don’t do it!)
- This one is especially tough for spoonies, but there are practically endless reason why this is a good idea… sorry about it.
- Essential Oils
- Several oils are said to have relaxing effects that can help you sleep.
- Temperature Control
- Make sure your room is a comfortable temperature for you.
- Timed Heating Pad
- For me, a heating pad on my stomach at night helps a ton. If I have any stomach ache at all, the heating pad helps it go away. Mine has a two-hour shut off timer so I don’t have to worry about falling asleep with it on and causing any issues.
- Have a Bedtime Routine/Ritual
- This can help you stay off your screens before bed. Some ideas could be meditation, yoga, prayer, read a book, write poetry, etc. Anything away from bright lights and noise.
- I only use one when I’m congested, but I should probably always use one. They are totally awesome.
- White Noise Machine
- I don’t personally need one, but my family all swears by them. If you’re a light sleeper, these can really help a lot.
- Blackout Curtains
- If you find yourself waking up when the sun comes up even though you’d love to get a couple extra hours of sleep, keep the light out with blackout curtains or a sleep mask.
- Fuzzy Socks
- I personally can’t sleep without socks on. I wear regular knee high socks generally. But fuzzy socks are so freaking comfy and cozy, how could you NOT sleep well while wearing them?!
- Paint Your Room
- If plausible, paint your walls a calming color with a matte finish, not gloss.
There you have it! Some of my favorite ways to get a good night’s sleep.
Comment down below with your favorite strategy for better sleep, and your favorite Essential Oils!
Share this post with your friends and follow me on social medias! I really appreciate it! 🙂
Also, sign up for my Email List HERE so you never miss a post!
Look! A pretty Pin! Pin It! 😀 Thanks!!!